Wednesday, 18 January 2012

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying





"The key to finding a balance in modern life is simplicity." 



I thought I had reached a point in my life where I would not be as humbled by a book again...and then I found by chance The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.  

Surprisingly, I am still only in the fourth chapter. I usually devour books in one sitting.  Here I am reading slowly because I want enjoy every syllable; every parable. 

Through this book I have reconnected with the spirituality of my Catholic childhood of wonder and meditation. The parallels are strange; comforting.  As if I have returned home to find the furniture had been rearranged and a bit of the decor changed.

What is more, I find a true promise of an afterlife that everyone can share, despite their physical or mental state.  People will be free of physical imperfections, not because they will be what we consider ' normal ' but because their true selves will become manifest; their essence, their mind that makes them who they are.  The thoughts related in this book ring true to my heart in the way that universal truths can:  I am not told to have faith, I have it.  I'm not told to believe in what is said, I'm encouraged in a loving, compassionate way to search for the answers within myself.

No doubt I will post more bits here and there but for now I will just be.

Love,

M-

No comments:

Post a Comment