Thursday, 9 June 2011

Now what?

Not exactly the most inspiring of titles, but it is the most accurate way to describe what goes through my mind as I write these words.

I have been wanting to start and keep a blog for a while.  I make it happen and all of a sudden I have nothing to say.  Pretty strange coming from me.  The one thing I do, and generally do a lot of, is speak my mind, think out-loud, whatever. That does not mean that what I have to say is important or even very relevant, but its as honest as it can get. 

So what is the most honest thing I can say today?  If I want my life to improve, I need to take the first steps to improve it myself.  None of this "the world owes me " attitude that teenagers seem to believe these days (and I'm not that old, honest!).  If I want to make a positive change in my life I am going to have to get off my ass (which is of considerable girth I will add) and do it.

My ass is not, however, the reason behind my need to preen.  In fact, its the voice in my head saying that if I do not do something soon my epitaph will read "Here lies Big Ass, partner, parent, carer." What the hell kind of  life summary is that?  Something is gonna change to make my epitaph a juicer read.

M-

No comments:

Post a Comment